    patchy reception at 1Mb/sec.

    Does encryption slow down the network?

    I have a Belkin router.
    Simon, May 22, 2007

  2. Simon

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what router model and hardware rev? do you have the latest firmware
    for this router? there should not be that much of a difference. what
    type of security are you talking about? WEP/WPA/WPA2? what operating
    system? what wireless NIC and what drivers?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, May 23, 2007

  3. Hi
    If it is an old Router working 802.11b it is a common phenomenon.
    802.11b with WEP decreases significantly the Bandwidth, and thus the
    distance too.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 23, 2007