    very compatible with Vista?
    --
    Terry

    Terry, Oct 2, 2008

  2. "Terry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thanks Jack. That's Helpful. Not sure though where to get the info on
    > server and subnet mask since this isn't a wired connection. Any info
    > would
    > be helpful.

    Forget about the "wired -vs- wireless". It isn't really relevant. If
    everything was "wired",...then how would you handle the TCP/IP config? It
    is the same thing.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Oct 2, 2008

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Problem solved!!!!! I'd like to say I've cracked the problem of wireless
    enabling Windows XP running over Vista on Virtual PC - but it wasn't actually
    me, it was Microsoft that cracked it. The solution is VPC Service Pack 1,
    produced in May this year (08). It has a virtual Atheros wireless networking
    option which works a treat!! Also VPC seems to run much better on Vista with
    SP1. 10 out of 10 and a gold star for the techies who wrote that. And 1 out
    of 10 and a 'must try harder' for the techies who put SP1 on a different page
    from the main VPC download and don't even mention it on the main VPC download
    page! Come on guys, you can do better than that!! It was only because I had
    a complete system failure on my laptop and had to download VPC again that I
    accidentally bumped into SP1.
    --
    Terry

    Terry, Oct 4, 2008
  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    PS Thanks to evryone who replied and tried to help.
    --
    Terry

    Terry, Oct 4, 2008