    I hope I have explained everything.

    W. Kirk Crawford
    Rochester Hills, Michigan

    W. Kirk Crawford, Jan 11, 2006

  2. By the way, the Desktop is running 98 and the Laptop is running XP

    W. Kirk Crawford
    Rochester Hills, Michigan

    W. Kirk Crawford, Jan 11, 2006

  3. W. Kirk Crawford

    Malke Guest

    W. Kirk Crawford wrote:

    > By the way, the Desktop is running 98 and the Laptop is running XP
    >
    > W. Kirk Crawford
    > Rochester Hills, Michigan

    I'll give you some links which will help in setting up the lan, but
    start by looking at any firewalls. Usually these cases are caused by
    improperly configured firewalls. However, whoever "this person" is
    should understand that unless s/he leaves the messages on the server,
    the same mail cannot appear on both machines at the same time.

    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by Hans-Georg
    Michna - If you take the time to go through this troubleshooter, it
    will usually pinpoint the problem area(s).

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Thanks Malke.

    Leaving the message on the server does allow both computers to have the messages on each.

    I am going to talk him into getting rid of his desktop. Got to find a Docking Station for his laptop.

    Thanks for the links. This will solve many questions.

    Thanks again.

    W. Kirk Crawford
    Rochester Hills, Michigan

    W. Kirk Crawford, Jan 11, 2006