Wireless Domain Logon Problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. I am having a problem logging into a computer that has wireless only network
    connections. Basically the problem is that the Windows Zero Config (WZC)
    utility is not activating and connecting to the wireless access point *prior*
    to the logon screen. When a user with a roaming profile tries to logon you
    get "The XXX domain is not available".

    I am using a wireless nic with the atheros chipset, AR5213A. I am not using
    the atheros wireless utility though as I understand that it doesn't work with
    pre-login.

    The only way I am able to login is to use either a local user created on the
    machine or plug a network cable in, log in a user there so that their
    credentials become cached, log out, un-plug the network cable and reboot.
    That user will be able login in the future without any problems.

    What seems to happen is that the WZC utility only activates AFTER login,
    which is really dumb, I need to authenticate users with roaming profiles.

    Take a look at some of these for some more info:
    http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36561
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028706257#post1028706257
    http://www.cwnp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2970

    Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Dec 22, 2005