    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Mich
    M Skabialka, Jan 13, 2005

  2. 802.11b and 802.11g networks are subject to RF interference which can
    greatly reduce their range. 802.11g networks operate in the 2.4GHz band and
    can be affected by other devices that use this band such as some cordless
    cell phones. Various BlueTooth devices can also degrade your wireless
    signal.

    You should only experience interference from devices such as microwave
    ovens, cordless phones when these devices are being used.

    If your problem is more persistent than that, then my next guess would be
    interference with another wireless network close by. You can try to solve
    this problem by selecting a different channel number on your wireless access
    point.

    Other sources of signal attenuation in your home could be due to various
    construction materials such foil insulation in the walls, any kind of metal
    or even lead based paint. One way to solve this problem is to have multiple
    access points in your home, or to have some sort of wireless repeater. You
    can also experiment with the placement of your current access point.

    Good luck!
    --
    Alan Muller
    Software Design Engineer in Test

    purposes only.

    Alan Muller [MSFT], Jan 13, 2005

  3. M Skabialka

    Ken Wright Guest

    Could always try an aerial plugged into the AP. You can buy an Omni one or
    a directional one if you want to focus the signal in a particular direction.
    The focused one will likely reach farther than the Omni one but only in one
    direction.

    --
    Regards

    Ken Wright, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Make sure that you are not operating either side of sunlight-reflecting
    glass(as with modern double glazing/patio doors) - these will reflect rather
    than permit RF passage significantly (60%+ in my case). Also try antenna
    positioned at 45deg to vertical to assist with RF passge through brickwork.

    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGdtaWxsZXI=?=, Jan 14, 2005