    help in this regard.

    cheers,
    Jo

    Jo, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Jo

    Cat Guest

    Hi.
    Dropping the signal might be due to environmental Noise 2.4GHz phones etc.
    First make sure that you get a stable connection without WEP(or WPA) and
    only then attend to the security issues.
    The following page (in the middle) contains the info that you asked for.
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
    As for security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP - Networking).

    Cat, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Jo

    Guest Guest

    thanks its working well now.

    It was actually coz i had checked the 'Enable 802.11x
    authentication on' when i didn;t have a server for that.

    so i believe, the card from the laptop was trying to
    authenticate with server very 4-5 mins and when it
    couldn;t do this, it just disconnected.

    hope this would be helpful for others as well.

    cheers,
    jo

    Guest, Jul 1, 2004