Wireless : detecting SSID's

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DAL, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. DAL

    DAL Guest

    I have eventually managed to setup my DI-624 wireless router with lots
    of problems but it all seems good now that Ive updated the firmware to
    the latest. Now that things work smoothly my curiosity has gotten the
    better of me and Im now interested in finding other wifi networks in my
    area. I know there are at least 2 others as they show up on my friends
    laptop. While I was messing about trying to get the wireless
    "notworking" to be "networking" I stumbled on these 2 other networks. I
    cant remember the names excatly but I know they are there 99% of the
    time (friend stayed over for a few weeks) Now that they have moved back
    out I have no reference for finding the settings that let the laptop
    pick these up and setup my desktop to match.

    I have tried everything that I can find on the web but it seems that
    its a hard subject to search for. Hence the much needed help.

    what setting do I need to change in order to pick these networks up. I
    can only see my own no matter how many times I refresh. whats the
    seceret?

    Thanks in advance
    Dal

    DAL, Oct 7, 2006