    Any help appreciated !!

    Drop the ZZZ to reply

    Cheers ...

    z400d3, Aug 22, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    z400d3 <> wrote:
    :I am trying to understand what the diferance between this and a normal
    :site wireless survey is but I can find no referance to a density and
    :performance test on the net anywhere.

    :I think it refers to software .. maybe one of the Airmagnet products.

    When you are using Cisco's relatively new Wireless Lan Security
    Architecture and if you have the Wireless Security Manager Engine (or
    some name like that), then the Engine will use feedback from all the
    conforming access points and wireless cards, in order to figure out how
    best to -reduce- AP power outputs selectively so that you still get
    coverage but that the AP's interfere with each other less.

    A normal wireless site survey just tells you what the levels were right
    when you did the test, and wouldn't give you much information about how
    to set the power levels on the APs to get the best coverage. More signal
    is not always better: sometimes you want to put out less signal
    to reduce wireless noise.
    --
    Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
    fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire

    Walter Roberson, Aug 22, 2004