    Anyway, if anyone has some diagrams either public ones you can point
    me to or internal ones with anything private stripped out I would
    greatly appreciate a chance to review them.
    DarkFiber, Mar 27, 2007

  2. DarkFiber

    Thrill5 Guest

    The WCS is only used to manage the WLC's. With only two WLC's your not going
    to get much. The WCS allows you to create "templates" that you can push to
    the WLC's and has some pretty maps. Other than the maps, WCS doesn't do
    anything that you can't do with the WLC interface. WCS has very poor
    reporting capabilities, and is pretty much a waste of money. It might
    actually be worth it, if the location functionality were included, but you
    also need to purchase the location appliance for that functionality.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Mar 28, 2007

  3. DarkFiber

    Brian V Guest

    "Thrill5" <> wrote in message
    > The WCS is only used to manage the WLC's. With only two WLC's your not
    > going to get much. The WCS allows you to create "templates" that you can
    > push to the WLC's and has some pretty maps. Other than the maps, WCS
    > doesn't do anything that you can't do with the WLC interface. WCS has
    > very poor reporting capabilities, and is pretty much a waste of money. It
    > might actually be worth it, if the location functionality were included,
    > but you also need to purchase the location appliance for that
    > functionality.
    >
    > Scott
    >

    > "DarkFiber" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone have any good network design diagrams / maps involving at least
    >> two wireless controllers in two seperate locations but managed by one
    >> WCS. Hoping to take a look at what others have done, the layout and IP
    >> addressing / subnetting and so on to get ideas on the best way for me
    >> to migrate our existing wireless network from standalone AP's to LWAPP
    >> using two controllers at two different locations connecting back to
    >> main WCS.
    >>
    >> I know we will be using L3 LWAPP since we need to and Cisco recommends
    >> it from what I have read.
    >>
    >> I have about 20 AP's connecting to each controller, both controllers
    >> are in seperate physical locations. One controller is in the same
    >> location as the WCS but that does not seem to matter a whole lot.
    >>
    >> Anyway, if anyone has some diagrams either public ones you can point
    >> me to or internal ones with anything private stripped out I would
    >> greatly appreciate a chance to review them.

    You do not need to purchase a location appliance to use some portions of
    location. Base WCS with location license gives you the location service
    which include rougue location and adhoc location. The location applaince
    gives you user location, anylitical (sp?) data, E911 capabilities and can do
    asset tracking for you. There is many more things it does, but those are the
    "big" 4.
    Brian V, Mar 28, 2007