wireless connects to router, unable to display page

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ralph, Dec 28, 2008.

  1. ralph

    ralph Guest

    1. have 2 laptop1. 1 Dell & 2nd IBM: IBM not used for 1/2 year
    2. both laptops able to detect wireless router
    3. both able to connect to wireless router
    4. both able to acquire network address
    5. both when click on IE, checks proxy setting
    6. both TCP/IP is set for auto dect
    7. IBM when click internet explorer, unable to find page, dell is able
    to find web page
    8. both when plug cable from laptop to router,it conects to IE and
    finds page
    9. IBM use to be able to connect wireless to router

    10. I checked the windows zero configuration and sevice is running
    (auto & started)
    11. run MS updates on laptops
    12. they are running on windows xp
    13. running IE 6 with sp 2
    14. tried the "ipconfig /flushdns" wireless still does not display
    page (shows connected to wireless router), wired connection does work

    any suggestions as to why the IBM R52 is unable to display a web page.
    It says the signal is excellent when connect to US robtics router. The
    dell at the same time is connected and able to display page

    Thanks in advance

    ralph, Dec 28, 2008

  2. Can the IBM with wireless ping a public IP? If yes, can it ping a web site?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Dec 28, 2008