    Wireless adapter (PCI) Sitecom WL-016 Wireless Network PCI Card 11 Mbps

    Before I had a usb wireless adapter with which i had some problems due to
    which I changed to PCI

    Cees van Wijngaarden, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    Hard to suggest any thing if we do not know what you tried thus far.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 12, 2006

  3. I have tried installing new drivers, changing channels, changing zero
    configuration, changeing advance network card settings

    Cees van Wijngaarden, Apr 12, 2006
  4. "Cees van Wijngaarden" <> wrote in message
    > Since a few months I am suffering from frequent connectivity loss (every 3
    > minutes) of my wireless network with one PC. I have tried varios solutions
    > but have not found a solution yet. Please help becaus I am ready to learn
    > my
    > PC how to fly :-(
    >
    > OS: window XP (eng)
    > AMD Athlon 800mhz with 256 RAM
    > Wireless router Sitecom
    > Wireless adapter (PCI) Sitecom WL-016 Wireless Network PCI Card 11 Mbps
    >
    > Before I had a usb wireless adapter with which i had some problems due to
    > which I changed to PCI

    To be honest with you, there are some things you can try but I'd be
    suspecting a power prob to the computer first off:

    1) Scan for SPYWARE. Download and update both Adaware and Spybot then run
    both but not at the same time and get rid of anything they find.

    2) A decent anti virus scan. Even if your own prog says it is OK, I have
    come across Nortons reporting it is fine many times and appears working but
    wasn't. The worst was one computer with 1035 infected files Nortons wasn't
    even reporting. You can go online and get a FREE scan of your computer done
    (though nothing gets removed) at the Mcafee web site. You could even
    download AVG and install and run it as well then remove it just to be sure.

    3) Check for "signals" that may be interfering. The most common source is a
    base for a cordless phone being nearby. Microwaves have been known to
    interfere. Intermittently turning off/on appliances can do it and faulty
    wiring as well. Another source is a wi-fi network nearby, industrial or
    medical places as well.

    If all that fails, try taking out any internal PCI cards you have, 1 at a
    time and trying then. There may be a problem with one or more and if that
    doesn't work, try a new power supply as you can be experiencing a problem
    there, too.

    Failing that, I would have to get my hands on it or a lot more info to make
    any suggestions that are worthwhile.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Hi

    Assuming that you system is clean and it is Not something unrelated to the
    Wireless.

    I am not familiar with your Brand of Wireless, however, when 802.11b was
    introduced a lot of devices were unstable (especially with encryption
    security On). Before the manufactures solved the problems 802.11g came
    around and they "forgot" about fixing 802.11b.

    PCI Antenna if it between the Metal Tower and the wall might mask the signal
    and the marginal signal that is produced would be unstable. If your PCI has
    an exchangeable Antenna you can get a few feet of appropriate coax and put
    the Antenna above the system.

    Noise generated by phones and other Wireless 2.GHz might inflict "dropage"
    as well.

    Load into the computer Netstumbler (it is free) let it ride and see what it
    is indicating about the signal and the noise. ( http://www.netstumbler.com )

    Nothing helps? Buy a new 802.11g (in the USA Brand names can be found for
    $20-$40).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 13, 2006
  6. Thnx for the attention. I have an other PC conected wireless that does not
    have any problems. I gues that is is the configuration of the PC that is
    causing the problem or the PCI wireless card.

    In addition, there was a time that it functioned without any problems

    I'll try to switch wireless cards an see what happends

    Cees van Wijngaarden, Apr 13, 2006