    I supose that a windows server with isa server would be better, but I prefer
    a cheaper way :)
    Any help ?
    WebNewsReader, Mar 18, 2005

  2. WebNewsReader

    Nobody Guest

    You could probably setup an access list by MAC address within the router,
    that would be a form of "user name". The enable WEP and that would
    be your password.

    Nobody, Mar 18, 2005

  3. WebNewsReader

    kapil [MSFT] Guest

    You can make use of the Internet Authentication Service ( IAS) available
    with Windows Server.
    This website can provide more details
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/ias/default.mspx

    The AP can act as an IAS client.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/default.mspx
    Customer chat event:
    Setting up Secure Infrastructure for Wireless Network (March 29, 2005,
    1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Pacific Time)
    Setting up a secure infrastructure for wireless network can be complex and
    challenging. Bring your questions and comments to the table and interact
    with experts from the Internet Authentication Service team to get them
    answered. Find out how you can use IAS as the RADIUS server to set up an
    802.1x network and how you can set up underlying systems like Certification
    Authority service, Active Directory and Group Policy.

    kapil [MSFT], Mar 18, 2005
  4. WebNewsReader

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    On peer to peer Network (I.e. using Win98 or and WinXP) the Wireless client
    does not log to a computer (server) but to the Access Point. Entry Level
    Access Point has no provision to control log on with User name and Password.
    When a Wireless Client logs to in order to Use the Internet your Network
    computers are Not even part of the picture.

    So short of Installing Windows 2003 (which is the right solution). Secure
    your Wireless to the max. and use Airsnare to alert you to intruders.

    Configure Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    AirSnare - http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/index.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 18, 2005