    wrong from that end. In addition, I was able to view several other networks
    in the vicinity from the PC.
    Help!

    Graham Hotch, Feb 13, 2009

  2. Hi
    Is your Router's SSID Broadcast is On?
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 13, 2009

  3. Graham Hotch

    Graham Hotch Guest

    Yes - the router is working normally because other computers are able to
    connect to it.
    Graham

    Graham Hotch, Feb 14, 2009
  4. Graham Hotch

    Lem Guest

    Graham Hotch wrote:
    > My PC has been working quite happily on the wireless network I set up a
    > couple of months ago then suddenly last week, it stopped recognising the
    > network. When I go into Network Connections,as suggested in @Help', there is
    > no Wireless Network Connection icon anywhere in the window. I'm sure I was
    > able to view available wireless networks using this route before. What has
    > happened to my Network?
    > My laptop, incidentally, still uses the wireless network so there is nothing
    > wrong from that end. In addition, I was able to view several other networks
    > in the vicinity from the PC.
    > Help!

    What happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

    What is the malware status of the PC?

    Take a look in Device Manager. It sounds as if your wireless adapter has
    died, become disabled, or had its driver corrupted. Are you using a PCI
    wireless adapter or a USB adapter? Make/model?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Feb 14, 2009
  5. Graham Hotch