    game, they will mistake this Pc to be the PC connected by cable and join to
    it. There is no such problem for the one connected by cable.
    Please help, thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?U0s=?=, Apr 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U0s=?=

    JoeT Guest

    "SK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I have a 2 Pcs' wireless internetion connection, one connected
    > directly to the router and the other concnected wirelessly. There is no
    > internet connection problem for both Pcs. But when I play online game, the
    > wireless one cannot be recognised by other online player (seems to be
    > incorrect IP posted). If I use this Pc to invite others to join an online
    > game, they will mistake this Pc to be the PC connected by cable and join
    > it. There is no such problem for the one connected by cable.
    > Please help, thanks.

    Looks like, as you're currently configured, your router is in NAT mode using
    the MAC address of your cable connected machine and is assigning internal
    IP's. The cable connected machine would work fine, the other, no go since
    your system only has one actual IP address for the rest of the world to see
    regardless of how many machines are sharing the line via your router.

    I believe in order to correctly connect and play online games from both of
    your router connected machines you will need to disable NAT in the router
    (It will then act as a hub) and get two seperate static IP addresses
    assigned to you by your ISP. Set up each machine as instructed by the ISP
    and you'll be good to go. They'll still both be sharing the same bandwidth
    so your mileage may vary as far as performance in the actual games goes.

    Then again I could be all wrong and something may be possible as a work
    around. I'm confident someone will chime in if this is true or to clarify
    any errors in what I've attempted to say.

    joe

    JoeT, Apr 9, 2005