Wireless connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGVycGxleGVk?=, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. I have been able to establish a Wireless connection on my laptop. But still
    cannot connect to the internet.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGVycGxleGVk?=, Jan 25, 2006

  2. --
    Seize the night

    "perplexed" wrote:

    > I have been able to establish a Wireless connection on my laptop. But still
    > cannot connect to the internet.
    > I had the same problem on one of my laptops only way i can connect is to go into control panel right click on wireless connection say repair fails first time but if i do it again and then close it out it connects. try that

    If not make sure if your using wpa and using encryption key you have it
    typed in correctly I typed mine in notepad first then copied and pasted it
    in worked fine.

    GOOD LUCK

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lkZGFrb3Rh?=, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Hi

    The first step is to ascertain that you have a functional Wireless
    connection.

    Unfortunately seeing a Good signal or seeing the name of your device in the
    Wireless Properties, or the word Connected, does not mean that you have a
    working connection.

    Working connection would mean that a least you can log to the Router's Menus
    system and browse them, or you can connect and exchange info with another
    computer on the Network, or you can browse the Internet. If none of the
    three is working it most likely you do not have a Functional Wireless
    Connection.

    Wireless - Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 26, 2006