wireless connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. my Lap top keeps trying to connect to a default wireless network even though
    i dont have one can any one explain ?
    =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, Jan 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=

    Malke Guest

    tom wrote:

    > my Lap top keeps trying to connect to a default wireless network even
    > though i dont have one can any one explain ?

    Your laptop has a built-in wireless network adapter. It is doing its job
    by finding wireless networks. One of your neighbors has a wireless
    network. Many laptops have a button, switch, or keypress combination to
    enable/disable the wireless network adapter. Read the manual that came
    with your laptop to see if you have something like this. If not, you
    can find the wireless network adapter in Device Manager and right-click
    on it and choose "Disable".

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers