    a problem with my Dlink wireless set up. Can anyone please help ???
    --
    Thanks Chris

    Chris, May 31, 2008

  2. We had similar post before. Have you tried to reset the router?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 1, 2008

  3. Chris

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 31, 6:01 pm, Chris <> wrote:
    > I connected a dlink wireless router at home.  The home network woirks great,
    > I can access the internet, log into my work VPN, all with no problem.  The
    > problem I am having is with MS Outlook and MS Communicator.  Each time I try
    > to access I get the same error "Server is not available".  If I connect
    > directly via wireline to the modem and perform the same operations I have no
    > problem at all with access to outlook or communicator.  I assume it has to be
    > a problem with my Dlink wireless set up.  Can anyone please help ???
    > --
    > Thanks Chris

    Can you "try" to connect to the "wired" ports on the router?

    smlunatick, Jun 1, 2008
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks. Do I reset by just un-plugging and plugging back in the power?
    --
    Thanks Chris

    Chris, Jun 1, 2008
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hello,

    Tried that as well. Still the same. Only works if I connect directly to
    the O/P of the modem and bypass the router totally.

    --
    Thanks Chris

    Chris, Jun 1, 2008
  6. If power off and on doesn't fix the problem, try to setup the wireless use
    the default setting without security. Does that work?

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 2, 2008
  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Reset did not work. I'll try to set up the wireless again.
    --
    Thanks Chris

    Chris, Jun 2, 2008
  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Set up the wrieless again, and removed the security. No changes.
    --
    Thanks Chris

    Chris, Jun 2, 2008