    bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
    Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Umlj?=, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Hi
    There cam many reasons to a non functional Network, and we need technical
    information to even start thinking about what aspect went wrong.

    In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
    these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify.
    If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
    functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 26, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Sep 28, 2006
  4. "Ric" wrote:

    > I have a HP Pavilion zd8181 laptop with wireless enables and was working fin
    > up until last week. I know there is no problem with the router as friends
    > computer is picking up the signal. In the HP Wireless Asistant window, System
    > status is disabled, but the option to turn both the wireless and the
    > bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
    > Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi

    It is seen that u are facing the issue with Wireless, Please Verify in BIOS
    the Wlan card and Embeded Bluetooth is enabled.
    Update the BIOS and Intel Pro Wireless drivers along with the intel chipset
    drivers and HP wireless assistence from hp.com website
    Restart the unit
    Goto HP wireless assistence and Click on Turn all Devices On
    U will see the difference

    Thnx
    Jack
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Sep 28, 2006