    half-hour. I'm using linksys router and tried power cycling the router but to
    no avail. The only way I can do is to repair the connection and it returns to
    maximum speed.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=, Sep 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:50:01 -0700, drago98 <>
    wrote:

    >My wireless connection decreases from 56mbps to 1.0mbps for no reason after
    >half-hour. I'm using linksys router and tried power cycling the router but to
    >no avail. The only way I can do is to repair the connection and it returns to
    >maximum speed.

    Have you tried testing actual throughput periodically, as in when you first
    start out (max connection speed), then again when you are at min connection
    speed. If you have noise (analog interference) or neighbours (digital
    interference), you'll not be getting max throughput, regardless of connection
    speed.

    Some WiFi drivers may start your connection out at maximum expected speed, and
    gradually decrease, looking for a stable connection. Depending upon the
    interference that you may be getting, this could give you a steadily decreasing
    connection rate. Do a WiFi environment analysis, and watch your metrics and
    your neighbours.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Sep 27, 2007

  3. However, my other laptop using the same wireless router is running at full
    speed. So there isn't any interference. Both laptops are using the same
    settings.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=, Oct 3, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what operating system? what NIC and what driver?
    which Linksys router model number and hardware rev and what firmware
    version?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 3, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 03:03:03 -0700, drago98 <>
    wrote:

    >"Chuck [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:50:01 -0700, drago98 <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My wireless connection decreases from 56mbps to 1.0mbps for no reason after
    >> >half-hour. I'm using linksys router and tried power cycling the router but to
    >> >no avail. The only way I can do is to repair the connection and it returns to
    >> >maximum speed.

    >> Have you tried testing actual throughput periodically, as in when you first
    >> start out (max connection speed), then again when you are at min connection
    >> speed. If you have noise (analog interference) or neighbours (digital
    >> interference), you'll not be getting max throughput, regardless of connection
    >> speed.
    >>
    >> Some WiFi drivers may start your connection out at maximum expected speed, and
    >> gradually decrease, looking for a stable connection. Depending upon the
    >> interference that you may be getting, this could give you a steadily decreasing
    >> connection rate. Do a WiFi environment analysis, and watch your metrics and
    >> your neighbours.
    >> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html

    >However, my other laptop using the same wireless router is running at full
    >speed. So there isn't any interference. Both laptops are using the same
    >settings.

    Interesting and useful details. What other details have you not disclosed?
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>

    Chuck [MVP], Oct 3, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ285OA==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Chuck [MVP]" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Interesting and useful details. What other details have you not disclosed?

    Models of wireless adapters on both machines.
    Band and channel set on the router.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 6, 2007