    wireless connection. I am at a losssince i have followed the instructions
    from SBC my DSL provider and the Linksys website!
    anybody have an idea to help

    =?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVhbA==?=, Jul 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVhbA==?=

    BobC Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:31:02 -0700, micheal wrote:

    > I have recently tried to install a 2.4GHz wireless-G notebook adapterfrom
    > lynksys to my laptop. The device has been installed and the General
    > properties say that the device is working correctly. However on the choose a
    > wireless network the screen it says that windows can not configure this
    > wireless connection. I am at a losssince i have followed the instructions
    > from SBC my DSL provider and the Linksys website!
    > anybody have an idea to help

    Assuming you have windows XP, it likely says that windows can't configure
    the device because the linksys wireless utility is also trying to configure
    the device. Pick one or the other to control the device, not both.

    Of course I am just speculating because you did not provide any details
    such as OS, exact error message, what model device...

    BobC, Jul 13, 2005

  3. I have a windows xp home OS . Where do I go to select one or the other
    controls the configuration? I know its probably basic but i don't really know
    jack about where to find such pages for fear doing damage to the computer
    micheal

    =?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVhbA==?=, Jul 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVhbA==?=

    Frank Guest

    You either need to unininstall the linksys utility(which will remove the
    drivers also) and reboot and install just the device drivers for the card.
    Which should kind of happen automatically because Winxp makes backups of the
    drivers. Then use WZC (Wireless zero config) built in to Winxp. Or Disable
    WZC in the services of Winxp. Start/Run type in services.msc, hit enter,
    scroll down and stop the WZC and set it to disabled or manual and use the
    linksys utility. Just a thought, I made out best with my linksys card using
    XP WZC and NOT the linksys utilty. See my thread above, Why odyssey client.
    I got some help there.
    Frank L

    Frank, Jul 13, 2005
  5. You can leave everything in place - go to my computer - control panel - then
    click on network connections - find your linksys wireless connection - ask
    it to view the wireless networks it will then tell you how to have windows
    take back the management from linksys

    Michael Henry, Jul 13, 2005