    all recommended to driver. Am now totally demented!!!!!!!! Cant find any info
    on line ugh!!!! Any ideas thanks. By the way its a Lan-Express adapter. But
    it has worked fine up till now. Thanks for any thoughts.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVkcmV5?=, Aug 21, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QXVkcmV5?=

    PhiL M. Guest

    What are the things that you "have done all recommended to the driver"?

    The same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I did the following to get it
    working again.

    1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down
    to Wireless Zero Configuration Service and make sure it has started and
    its Startup Type is set to Automatic. If service hasn't started, start
    service, reboot and check its status again.

    If still nothing, then step 2.

    2. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
    Click on Device Manager on the left, then scroll down to Network
    Adapters on the right and remove the wireless network card driver.
    Reboot and reinstall driver.

    See if the above can help. Good luck.

    PhiL M., Aug 21, 2004

  3. Re: wireless connection properties doesnt show wireless network ta

    Thanks Phil for coming back to me, but in relation to your first suggestion,
    I have no wireless zero config service in there. In relation to your second
    suggeation didnt remove the wireless driver but did reinstal fron disk made
    no difference.
    I think my problem may be associated with the first suggestion. ugh!!!!!
    Dont know why that is missing.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVkcmV5?=, Aug 21, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXVkcmV5?=

    PhiL M. Guest

    Re: wireless connection properties doesnt show wireless network ta

    Audrey, see if this helps.
    http://ecross.mvps.org/faq.htm
    (2nd Q&A)

    Good luck.

    PhiL M., Aug 21, 2004
  5. Re: wireless connection properties doesnt show wireless network ta

    Thanks again. Actually had seen that suggestion but its a little beyond me
    and dont want to completely banjax my OS, so will see if I can get someone
    tomorrow morn to do this for me. Will let you know.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVkcmV5?=, Aug 22, 2004