wireless connection problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbCBvZA==?=, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. OS=XP SP2
    I setup a wireless home network using the wizard.
    the network connection details for wirless home network pc:
    IP Addy: 192.168.1.100
    subnet mask; 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP server: 192.168.1.1

    when i try to access the internet with a wireless laptop (which connects
    anywhere else with no problems) i get an error "limited or no connectivity"

    the network connection details for the laptop are:
    IP Addy: 169.254.178.246
    subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

    I have turned the firewall off on the home network.

    what do I need to do to use the laptop to access the internet on this
    wireless setup?

    I have comcast and a linksys router.

    thank you,
    bill

    =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbCBvZA==?=, Sep 17, 2006

  2. It looks like you have security enabled on the wireless network, and this is
    preventing you from connecting to me. The laptop should be getting and
    address of 192.168.1.1xx and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

    --
    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me how to disable security? I have
    the firewall disabled. I am using AOL security center. I have disabled the
    XP Firewall also.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbCBvZA==?=, Sep 17, 2006