    Machine A shows the printer on Machine B, but Machine B does not show the
    printer or any files on Machine A.

    Please help.

    =?Utf-8?B?THlubg==?=, Nov 17, 2004

  2. i'm having a similar issue. i simply cannot get the printer to print from my
    wireless laptop.
    cable modem connected to linksys connected to home cpu connected to printer.
    home network set-up on both machines.
    email me if you find the answer.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGFicmFtcw==?=, Nov 18, 2004

  3. If you'd like to work this through one-on-one, you are welcome to email me
    and I can step you through it.

    Carey Holzman, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Tanya

    Tanya Guest

    Don't use the wizard. The router is the DHCP Server. If you must use the
    wizard then
    Tell the Wizard that the computers connect to the Internet "through a
    residential gateway" (router). Other options, like "directly to the
    Internet" or "through a network hub" will block file and printer
    sharing. You don't need a floppy if they are both XP.

    Home requires the Guest account enabled.
    Enable netbios over TCP/IP.

    Un-install all firewall programs (Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm,
    etc) while troubleshooting the network.

    Tanya, Nov 18, 2004