    Machine A shows the printer on Machine B, but Machine B does not show the
    printer or any files on Machine A.

    Please help.
    =?Utf-8?B?THlubg==?=, Nov 17, 2004

  2. i'm having a similar issue. i simply cannot get the printer to print from my
    wireless laptop.
    cable modem connected to linksys connected to home cpu connected to printer.
    home network set-up on both machines.
    email me if you find the answer.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGFicmFtcw==?=, Nov 18, 2004

  3. If you'd like to work this through one-on-one, you are welcome to email me
    and I can step you through it.

    Carey Holzman, Nov 18, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?THlubg==?=

    Tanya Guest

    Don't use the wizard. The router is the DHCP Server. If you must use the
    wizard then
    Tell the Wizard that the computers connect to the Internet "through a
    residential gateway" (router). Other options, like "directly to the
    Internet" or "through a network hub" will block file and printer
    sharing. You don't need a floppy if they are both XP.

    Home requires the Guest account enabled.
    Enable netbios over TCP/IP.

    Un-install all firewall programs (Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm,
    etc) while troubleshooting the network.

    Tanya, Nov 18, 2004