    not much point at the moment. Do I need to get a better wireless router?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Jayne
    Jayne Beaumont, Oct 21, 2005

  2. Jayne Beaumont

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:54:26 GMT, Jayne Beaumont <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router installed on my
    >desktop PC and a Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Notebook Network Card
    >in my laptop.
    >
    >My desktop PC is located upstairs in a front bedroom and when I try to
    >get an internet connection on my laptop downstairs, it is very hit and miss.
    >
    >There isn't a huge distance between the wireless router upstairs which
    >is next to my desktop PC and my laptop downstairs.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me if there is any way I can get a stronger signal on my
    >laptop apart from the obvious answer of moving it nearer to the router?
    > I would like to set up my laptop permanently downstairs but there's
    >not much point at the moment. Do I need to get a better wireless router?
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.
    >
    >Jayne

    Range Extenders and larger base antennas. (The larger base antennas solved my distance problem)

    Radio Shack:
    <http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F003%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=278%2D844>
    <http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F003%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=278%2D2200>

    Staples:
    <http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=41998&catalogId=10051&firstlevelCategoryId=10105&secondlevelCatName=Accessories&prodCatType=1&langId=-1&pCategoryId=42220&secondlevelCategoryId=42220&storeId=10001&firstlevelCatName=Networking+%26+Cables>
    Unk, Oct 22, 2005