    connect to a neighbor's unsecured network with poor signal strength, but not
    my own network in my own house. HELP Please... I'll be your computer slave
    if you can help me on this ;)
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVscGxlc3M=?=, Jun 5, 2006

  2. How dare you piggyback off of your neighbor's connection? Depending where you
    live, it could be considered a crime.

    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Jun 5, 2006

  3. I have permission from my neighbor... jeez!

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVscGxlc3M=?=, Jun 5, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGVscGxlc3M=?=

    Guest

    On 5-Jun-2006, =?Utf-8?B?SGVscGxlc3M=?= <> wrote:

    > It stated that "The netword did not assign a network
    > address to the computer". HUH? I have never had to do a thing to obtain a
    > wireless connection - it did so automatically...

    Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> DOS Prompt
    use command
    ipconfig -all > C:\ipconfig.txt
    Look in C:\ for ipconfig.txt to view your setup

    Start -> Connect To -> and right click on Wireless Network Connection
    at bottom Click on Properties
    Now you can navigate to TCP/IP Properties
    Where you can, if you wish, elect for a static IP address
    and DNS server.
    (Your router may be the DNS Server)
    In my case using static settings has solved many wireless
    problems.

    > I'll be your computer slave
    > if you can help me on this ;)

    Are you any good with the washing up?
    , Jun 5, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGVscGxlc3M=?=

    RalfG Guest

    Did you try the basics, like using the repair function on your wireless
    connection, or reboot the router and cable modem? Software firewalls can
    cause this sort of sudden unexplained disconnection from the network too.
    Check to see that your router isn't being blocked in the firewall.

    RalfG, Jun 6, 2006
  6. I would recommend that you unplug your cable or dsl modem and the wireless
    router and wait 3 seconds before plugging them back in. Then try the
    connection to see if you have internet. Sometimes they need to be reset.
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBQ?=, Jun 13, 2006