    Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.
    TIA
    Les.

    LesG, Sep 1, 2007

  2. LesG

    LesG Guest

    "LesG" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with a
    > better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
    > WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
    > Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet using
    > my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
    > I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
    > seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
    > some clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the
    > TV card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
    > avail. Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.
    > TIA
    > Les.

    If it helps I have the cards are placed --- AGP card, space, sound card,
    space, wireless network card, TV card.
    Les

    LesG, Sep 1, 2007

  3. LesG

    JANA Guest

    Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
    conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet is to
    call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
    searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from someone
    who had the same problem.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 1, 2007
  4. LesG

    LesG Guest

    I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
    I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
    another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
    Controller with a yellow ?
    Les

    LesG, Sep 1, 2007
  5. LesG

    meerkat Guest

    "LesG" <> wrote in message
    >I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
    >I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
    >another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
    >Controller with a yellow ?
    > Les

    Install the software for your card, and restart the machine.
    then check the Dev manager again.

    meerkat, Sep 1, 2007
  6. LesG wrote:
    > I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
    > I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
    > another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
    > Controller with a yellow ?
    > Les
    >
    > "JANA" <> wrote in message
    >> Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
    >> conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet is
    >> call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
    >> searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from
    >> someone
    >> who had the same problem.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> JANA
    >> _____
    >>

    >> "LesG" <> wrote in message
    >> Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with a
    >> better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
    >> WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
    >> Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet using
    >> my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
    >> I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
    >> seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
    >> some
    >> clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the TV
    >> card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
    >> avail.
    >> Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.

    In addition to meerkat's suggestion, try deleting the device in Device
    Manager and restart. Or remove then install updated drivers for it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 1, 2007
  7. LesG

    LesG Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > LesG wrote:
    >> I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any
    >> answer. I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved
    >> the card to another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a
    >> Network Controller with a yellow ?
    >> Les
    >>
    >> "JANA" <> wrote in message
    >>> Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
    >>> conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet
    >>> is to
    >>> call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
    >>> searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from
    >>> someone
    >>> who had the same problem.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> JANA
    >>> _____
    >>>

    >>> "LesG" <> wrote in message
    >>> Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with
    >>> better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
    >>> WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
    >>> Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet
    >>> using
    >>> my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
    >>> I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
    >>> seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
    >>> some
    >>> clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the TV
    >>> card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
    >>> avail.
    >>> Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.

    > In addition to meerkat's suggestion, try deleting the device in Device
    > Manager and restart. Or remove then install updated drivers for it.

    Thank you, sorted.
    Les

    LesG, Sep 1, 2007