Wireless connection loss

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Skyfang, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Skyfang

Skyfang

Hi guys! Having an issue with my wireless connection. I use a belkin wireless G+ MIMO Network adapter to connect my desktop computer to our router using the Belkin wirelss utility. However whenever I do anything more demanding than browsing (i.e. start a download or an online game) while i'm still technically connected all traffic stops.

Obviously this is very annoying though repair does temporarily fix it, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help :). whenever i'm disconnected I get event id 8033 followed by 4202, then 4201 when I repair of course.

There is no network key and the network doesn't broadcast, but I was able to connect with this setup for a long time and was downloading no problem until it packed up...

Fixes i've attempted are changing ip, checking I have dynamic ip enabled, using a static ip, changing my MAC address (which isn't being blocked) changing router channel, and rolling back to a restore point before the problems began but none of these have helped yet! Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance

Skyfang, Apr 25, 2009
    1. Advertising