    know of a way to fix this?

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=, Dec 7, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=

    Guest

    Are you using encryption? You might try to makes some configuration
    changes to the router side of your wireless network. I was
    experiencing the same things in my wireless network to the extent that
    even when I pinged one wireless client to another I was getting 25% to
    50% packet loss. So I went to the Linksys knownledge base which
    discribed a couple transmission parameters within the router to change
    which has given me a more stable connection. Last, is that I
    understand signal interference is a big thing. Phones, microwaves,
    etc. could cause your disconnects. So try a difference channel for your
    network.

    , Dec 7, 2004

  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=

    Jim Fox Guest

    "Chux" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
    > I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to my
    > Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very Good
    > Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
    > connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
    > interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does
    > anybody
    > know of a way to fix this?

    Check Network Connections => Properties for your Linksys 11G card. Uncheck
    "AEGIS Protocol" if it is listed. Also, upgrade to SP2 if you are using
    WinXP.

    Jim Fox, Dec 7, 2004
  5. All explained here:

    http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 8, 2004
  6. It's not changing connections though, it's just dropping out. It's still
    doing it.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Did you try the suggestion I offered?

    Carey Holzman, Dec 13, 2004
  8. That URL talks about "Changing" connections, but mine is not changing, it's
    only dropping out for seconds at a time.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=, Dec 14, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1eA==?=

    andre Guest

    I'm not the OP but I DID try-it but when I stop WZC I lose the connection
    too!?

    andre, Dec 15, 2004