    be interfering with my connection? Any idea's are welcome please.
    Thanks

    Donna/Indiana
    Tripletmomplus2, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Tripletmomplus2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Tripletmomplus2" <> wrote in
    news:pgS4f.4175$t12.1069@trnddc03:

    > Good afternoon all, for about 2 years now, I've had a wireless
    > connection to my husband's pc in the other room without any issues.
    > Now for some reason I keep getting disconnected. It doesn't happen all
    > the time, but sure is frustrating. We thought maybe the kids Game Cube
    > was the problem, but now I'm not sure.
    > Could someone have started to use something in the neighborhood that
    > could be interfering with my connection? Any idea's are welcome
    > please. Thanks

    Someone could have another wireless setup in your area that's close
    enough that if you're using the XP O/S and Wireless Zero Configuration
    service is active on the computer, it could make the computer roam trying
    to connect to another wireless network dropping your connection.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Ok, I'm using O/S XP how would I go about fixing the problem? Or is there a
    way?
    Thanks

    Tripletmomplus2, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Tripletmomplus2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Tripletmomplus2" <> wrote in

    > Ok, I'm using O/S XP how would I go about fixing the problem? Or is
    > there a way?
    > Thanks

    Well I am not going to say it will fix your problem it could be something
    else. But it's a shot.

    What you do is download the card's driver from its site. You go to
    Services on the machine use Google or the Windows O/S Help and find out
    how to get to Services screen and you disable the Wireless Zero
    Configuration service by right-clicking and stopping the service and
    disable the service so that it doesn't start again on a re-boot of the
    computer.

    You use the Device Manger on the O/S and again use Google or the O/S Help
    to find the Device Manager. You then find the card and right-
    click/Properties and install the cards driver at that point. Then off of
    the Advanced tab there, you can configure the card for wireless just like
    you did with the card's utility to configure it. Don't use the card's
    utility anymore uninstall it as you don't need it.

    If you want to see the card's signal strength, then go to Control
    Panel/Network connections or local NWC and find the ICON for the card's
    connection and right-click/Properties and enable *Show network connection
    Icon", which will put and icon with two monitors next to the computer
    clock showing on bottom right of the desktop screen. You can mouse over
    the network icon that will show you the signal strength.

    My wireless connection on XP was dropping due to other wireless networks
    in the area and that's what I did to circumvent the problem and the
    wireless connection was solid after that.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 18, 2005