    I've been browsing microsofts help files and came up with this article.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/834525/en-us

    Am I looking in the right direction? Please help ....... thanks j

    justjo, Jul 6, 2006

  2. "justjo" <u23815@uwe> wrote in message news:62d7da7d00b52@uwe...
    > Hi, I need help with a problem. We just installed wifi in our rv park.
    > My
    > laptop accesses the access point with no problem, but it won't see the
    > repeater signal. I know the repeater is working as other ppl are
    > connected
    > with no problem.
    > I've been browsing microsofts help files and came up with this article.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/834525/en-us
    >
    > Am I looking in the right direction? Please help ....... thanks j

    Just out of interest and as you didn't explain what hardware is in use
    anywhere - and letting us know what that is helps - this could simply be the
    right thing happening. Eg, if your repeater just boosts the signal and has
    no other way of being identified separately from the rest of the network,
    what you describe would be what would be expected to happen.

    Oh and BTW, I am assuming you are using a repeater to get the signal from
    the router to locations too far for the repeater to get to.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 6, 2006

  3. Diamontina Cocktail wrote:
    >Just out of interest and as you didn't explain what hardware is in use
    >anywhere - and letting us know what that is helps - this could simply be the
    >right thing happening. Eg, if your repeater just boosts the signal and has
    >no other way of being identified separately from the rest of the network,
    >what you describe would be what would be expected to happen.
    >
    >Oh and BTW, I am assuming you are using a repeater to get the signal from
    >the router to locations too far for the repeater to get to.

    Ok We have 1 watt amplifiers and directional antennas. One is in AP mode
    the other in repeater mode rebroadcasting AP signal to the back of the park.
    The AP is connected to a motorola router.
    I know the repeater is working properly as 5 ppl are connected to it and
    browsing the internet. I know th ey are connect to the repeater not the AP
    because I can access the repeater properties and run a site survey to see who
    is connnected.

    The problem doesn't seem to be with the repeater it seems to be with my
    laptop.

    Thank you for the input....I will take all suggestions, if you don't mind
    helping a newbie

    justjo via WindowsKB.com, Jul 6, 2006
  4. "justjo via WindowsKB.com" <u23815@uwe> wrote in message

    > Ok We have 1 watt amplifiers and directional antennas. One is in AP
    > mode
    > the other in repeater mode rebroadcasting AP signal to the back of the
    > park.
    > The AP is connected to a motorola router.
    > I know the repeater is working properly as 5 ppl are connected to it and
    > browsing the internet. I know th ey are connect to the repeater not the
    > AP
    > because I can access the repeater properties and run a site survey to see
    > who
    > is connnected.

    Has your hardware been set with a FORCED limit of 5?

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Diamontina Cocktail wrote:
    >> Ok We have 1 watt amplifiers and directional antennas. One is in AP
    >> mode

    >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
    >> who
    >> is connnected.

    >Has your hardware been set with a FORCED limit of 5?

    No....but thanks for askin and still thinkin about my problem.

    justjo via WindowsKB.com, Jul 7, 2006