    Any suggestion(s) will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Sammmy
    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Oct 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Please try to solve this issue with the 3rd party.
    Unability to work under restricted account is a frequent error in such utilities.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 6, 2007

  3. Pavel A. <> wrote:

    > "Sam" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > On a notebook I have a Wiressless router / wiresless networked adaptor
    > > using WPA encryption.
    > > My wireless uses a third pary utility and not Windows (WZU)
    > >
    > > I created a new user account and made it a member of Power User The
    > > problem now is when I login as with the power user account my wireless
    > > card appears as inactive, but if I login as an administrator very thing
    > > works fine.
    > >
    > > Any suggestion(s) will be appreciated.

    > Please try to solve this issue with the 3rd party. Unability to work under
    > restricted account is a frequent error in such utilities.

    Launch the 3rd party client from the restricted account with "runas" and
    user Administrator in a terminal/cmd-window, or shift-rigth-click (I
    think it is) the icon on the desktop from the account and choose
    Administrator and enter the password in the dialog window (xp) that
    appears.
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Hello,
    Could you please elaborate more on what you meant by launching the 3rd party
    client from runas.

    Please if you can , give more details. I have tried very thing I could but
    still can't connect with limited user account, I have even give full control
    access to all users for the third party client folder.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Oct 8, 2007
  5. Sam <> wrote:

    > "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote:
    >
    > > Pavel A. <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Sam" <> wrote in message

    > > > Please try to solve this issue with the 3rd party. Unability to work under
    > > > restricted account is a frequent error in such utilities.

    > > Launch the 3rd party client from the restricted account with "runas" and
    > > user Administrator in a terminal/cmd-window, or shift-rigth-click (I
    > > think it is) the icon on the desktop from the account and choose
    > > Administrator and enter the password in the dialog window (xp) that
    > > appears.
    > >

    > Hello,
    > Could you please elaborate more on what you meant by launching the 3rd party
    > client from runas.
    >
    > Please if you can , give more details. I have tried very thing I could but
    > still can't connect with limited user account, I have even give full control
    > access to all users for the third party client folder.

    Then you'll have to give more information on your OS, your file system
    and your (3rd party) wireless client. Also, make sure you have disabled
    WZC (WZU).
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Oct 9, 2007
  6. Hello,
    My OS is XPSP2
    Enabled XP Firewall
    Disabled WZU
    Using Linksys WPC54GX Wirless Adaptor Uitility
    Let me know if you require more info.

    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Oct 9, 2007
  7. Sam <> wrote:

    > "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote:
    >
    > > Sam <> wrote:

    > > > Hello,
    > > > Could you please elaborate more on what you meant by launching the 3rd
    > > > party client from runas.
    > > >
    > > > Please if you can , give more details. I have tried very thing I could
    > > > but still can't connect with limited user account, I have even give
    > > > full control access to all users for the third party client folder.

    > > Then you'll have to give more information on your OS, your file system
    > > and your (3rd party) wireless client. Also, make sure you have disabled
    > > WZC (WZU).

    > Hello,
    > My OS is XPSP2
    > Enabled XP Firewall
    > Disabled WZU
    > Using Linksys WPC54GX Wirless Adaptor Uitility
    > Let me know if you require more info.

    XP Pro? File system?
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Oct 11, 2007
  8. XPSP File System = NTFS

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Oct 11, 2007
  9. Sam <> wrote:

    > "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote:
    >
    > > Sam <> wrote:

    > > > Hello,
    > > > My OS is XPSP2
    > > > Enabled XP Firewall
    > > > Disabled WZU
    > > > Using Linksys WPC54GX Wirless Adaptor Uitility
    > > > Let me know if you require more info.

    > > XP Pro? File system?

    > XPSP File System = NTFS

    Probably XP Pro

    Press the F1-key and type into the text field: runas.

    HTH
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Oct 15, 2007
  10. Alex, what exactly are u tallking about? typing 'runas' in F1

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Nov 2, 2007
  11. Sam <> wrote:

    > "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote:
    >
    > > Sam <> wrote:

    > > > XPSP File System = NTFS

    > > Probably XP Pro
    > >
    > > Press the F1-key and type into the text field: runas.
    > >
    > > HTH

    > Alex, what exactly are u tallking about? typing 'runas' in F1

    Into the text field. Pressing F1 gets you Windows help.

    HTHAW
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Nov 4, 2007