    here must be something I am missing, so any help is truly appreciated.
    --
    Swiss cheese
    =?Utf-8?B?U3dpc3MgY2hlZXNl?=, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Troubleshooting and support for your router is here:
    http://kbserver.netgear.com/products_automatic/FWG114P.asp
    You might want to turn off WEP until you get the Wireless access working.
    Drivers are also available at the site.
    What's the Manufacturer and model of the laptop? What are the reults of
    Ipconfig?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Nov 3, 2004

  3. I will try that tonight, before I actually updated firmware to version
    2.0_14. The ipconfig returns all the approriate responses. Shouldbe no
    problem there.

    The laptop is a TARGA Model Companion 811

    Thanks for the tip

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dpc3MgY2hlZXNl?=, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Hi , I have tried to disable WEP. No luck ,it just will not connect.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dpc3MgY2hlZXNl?=, Nov 3, 2004
  5. The tip to deaktivate WEP worked, incl a reset of the router and a subsequent
    reconfiguration, I get connection, this opens another question : Why is the
    WEP security not working.
    Thanks for the tip

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dpc3MgY2hlZXNl?=, Nov 4, 2004