  1. I have a WinXP Compaq Presario. How do I know if I have wireless connection
    built in? I see that in my network I have wireless connection enabled, but
    how do I turn it on?
    =?Utf-8?B?TUFD?=, Sep 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TUFD?=

    Malke Guest

    MAC wrote:

    > I have a WinXP Compaq Presario. How do I know if I have wireless
    > connection
    > built in? I see that in my network I have wireless connection
    > enabled, but how do I turn it on?

    Various ways to answer your questions:

    1. Look at the paperwork you got when you bought the machine.
    2. Look at the manual for how to turn on the wireless connection.
    3. If you don't have the paperwork or manual, go to Compaq's tech
    support site for your specific model laptop. It will have information
    about the components and the maual.
    4. Go to Device Manager (System applet in Control Panel) and look under
    Network Adapters.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Sep 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TUFD?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    I Do not specifically about the Presario, but some computers have actual physical switch
    that is needed to be switched On the activated the power to the Wireless hardware.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Sep 28, 2005