Wireless connection from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. I am trying to connect to an existing Macintosh wireless network through an Apple Airport Pro. It says its connected but isnt recieving the IP through dhcp, son cant access printers, internet, etc. anyone have a solution??
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=, Jul 24, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=

    rick Guest

    quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
    integrated 802.11g wireless.

    rick, Jul 26, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=

    Natéag Guest

    No solution except that I think you will need special software
    to be able to see/read/run MAC apps., files, shortcuts, etc.
    Unless, I think, unless you run under Windows 2000 Advanced
    Servers.

    MAC users can see Windows files.

    Natéag, Jul 26, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=

    Jeff Guest

    I have seen Windows machines have trouble like this when connecting to an
    unsecure Airport basestation. If you put a password on the airport
    basestation, you will need the "network equivalent password" to connect a
    windows client to an airport basestation. The password is found using the
    Airport Admin software.

    If that is not the issue, make sure 802.11x authentication is off on the
    windows client and the airport is not set to filter out clients (such as MAC
    address filtering.)

    Jeff, Aug 18, 2004