    Thanks

    --
    Email no good, reply to group

    JE, Aug 5, 2005

  2. JE

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If it is only two you can use Direct Connection -
    http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "JE" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 pc's with WinXP that I want to have talk to one another, but

    don't

    Jack, Aug 6, 2005

  3. JE

    JE Guest

    Thanks.

    The 2 are not near another. One, a desktop, has a nic card and the other
    is a laptop with a Linksys WUSB54GP portable usb adapter. So it looked to
    me that I would need a wireless router/switch at the desktop. Right?

    JE, Aug 6, 2005
  4. JE

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    You can get a Wireless Cable/DSL Router and two Wireless cards and install a
    Wireless Network.

    Or you can get just use two Wireless Cards and connect the to computers
    ad-hoc (this method is available for connecting only two computers and it is
    Not secured).

    The first option might cost a little more but would allow better more secure
    connection, and be ready for Internet and more computers.

    If you opt for Ad-Hoc, log here and follow the first two steps.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
    mspx

    If you want to go with a Real Wireless Network (Wireless Router/Access
    Point) this might help.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Aug 6, 2005
  5. JE