    full access to the computer and i should contact the administrator for futher
    assistance. Can someone please tell me how to gain access to other computer.
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Nov 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Malke Guest

    James wrote:

    > Hi, i have 2 computers connected to the internet via wireless router.
    > i can see both computers on my network place but i can access the
    > other computer. When i tried to access another computer i have error
    > saying that i dont have full access to the computer and i should
    > contact the administrator for futher assistance. Can someone please
    > tell me how to gain access to other computer. Thank you.

    This is most commonly caused by a misconfigured firewall. If you are
    using XP SP2 and only the Windows Firewall, check File & Printer
    Sharing on the Exceptions tab. If you are using a third-party firewall,
    make sure that you allow the lan as trusted and that you are not also
    running the Windows Firewall.

    Here is a network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna which will
    help you pinpoint the problem areas:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    And here are a few other general links (since we don't know what
    operating systems you are running):

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.wown.info/
    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html