    (unconnected to each other) The router is in another room.

    I have installed the latest drivers so dont know what else to do..please
    help. much thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=, Oct 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=

    Phil S. Guest

    This may have nothing to do with your problem----

    I have a lot of this happening at my company. It is caused when two AP
    transmitters are being detected with same SSID and both are being detected
    below the 85% power level. The Wireless adapter on your PC will after 5
    minutes or so try to connect to the AP with the lowest channel number even
    if that AP is lowest power

    For example, if you have a neighbor using frequency channel 1 and you are on
    channel 11, and both have no security setting on your wireless, your PC will
    try to connect to your neighbor's wireless.

    Again, don't know if this has anything to do with your problem.

    Phil

    Phil S., Oct 21, 2006

  3. Hi, the connection seems to be excellent and i do have WEP on my router...
    I have already disabled the energy saver on the USB Root Hub in Device
    Manager but still doesn't work..

    =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Hi

    Concerning 98% Strength, http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html

    It might be that your wife's Wireless Card is more sensitive, and or better
    than yours is.

    Try to use your computer for few hours while it is three feet away from the
    Router.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 23, 2006