    mention the fact that it's there. Finally, the pc has all of the latest
    Windows XP SP2 and beyond fixes on it. I've done a full anti-virus scan and
    spyware scan as well and came up clean. Any ideas? Thanks!

    Tom C., Dec 20, 2005

  2. Tom C.

    Tom C. Guest

    Replying to myself here: Turned out that the drivers on laptop for the
    internal wireless card needed to be updated. Funny thing, this is one of the
    first things I tried to do, but the Dell support web site indicated that the
    only driver update file they had posted was specifically NOT for English
    language use (not for a Windows English Operating System). Only when I was
    at my wits end and did the extra research on the Dell web site support
    forums did I find out that the comments posted with the driver update were
    bogus and that I should just go ahead and use it anyway. I did, and now the
    laptop connects to the wireless LAN upon bootup, and STAYS connected!
    Yippee!

    Thanks to this link provided in a post from Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows
    Networking) for making me go back and revisit the drivers issue. It was my
    first inclination, and probably should be yours.

    http://www.ryanyounger.plus.com/wireless/article3.htm

    Tom C., Dec 21, 2005