    another room.

    I have installed the latest drivers so dont know what else to do..please
    help. much thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=, Oct 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=

    David Hettel Guest

    I am confused. You say you have a wireless router, this would be in
    Infrastructure mode, or Computer to router mode. You also say I think, that
    your laptop remains connected to the Desktop. Well both the desktop and the
    macbook should be talking to the router, neither the desktop or the macbook
    should be talking to each other. Computer to computer mode is call ad-hoc
    and is not compatible with infrastructure mode. If you loose the connection
    to the router, you can not talk to the other computer.

    --
    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 7, 2006

  3. hi david, thanks for replying.
    Actually i may not have been clear.
    What i was trying to say is that the desktop is in the bedroom and this is
    where my laptop is as well. They are not connected to each other.

    The wireless router is in the living room.

    =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=, Oct 7, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Yes I understood, that both computers are in the same room, and the wireless
    router is in a different room. The part I was having trouble with was, "The
    whole time however, the laptop works and connection strength is 98% with the
    pc about a feet away. "

    It originally sounded like you where saying the two computers remain
    connected together, while one losses the connection to the router to me.

    So are you trying to say that you bought the USB adapter for the desktop,
    and the desktop looses a connection to the router, while the laptop keeps a
    connection to the router, and both are right next to each other?

    Is this a USB 2,0 port or an older USB 1.x port? Is the device a 802.11b or
    a 802.11g device? Is it directly connected to the computer, or connected to
    a hub and then the computer. Any other USB devices connected to the
    computer.

    David Hettel, Oct 7, 2006
  5. thanks david.

    The desktop has a pci card with 4x usb2.0. The USB Adapter is a Dlink G132
    802.11g, 108Mbps speed which is connected directly to the computer with an
    extension cradle.

    At the moment, there are no other USB devices connected.

    How long should a device be connected? Is there a need to rest it? i know
    silly question...

    but thanks for the help

    =?Utf-8?B?a29vbGVy?=, Oct 19, 2006
  6. Hi, can anyone help please??