Wireless connection does not come up on system startup

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. Hello:

    I have two problems with my wireless connection. Any help is appreciated:

    1) On starting my desktop computer (running Windows XP Home sp2) and logging
    to my account, my wireless connection sometimes does not start up. To get a
    wireless connection up, I am having to unplug the wireless adapter and plug
    it into a different USB port. Unplugging and plugging back into the same
    port does not work.

    This is an intermittent problem. It does not happen with every startup.
    Why does this happen? and how can I fix it?

    BTW, I am using a Hawking Technology USB Wireless Adapter)

    2) For the same wireless connection I am unable to set the option: "Use
    windows to configure my wireless network settings. After I check this box
    and save it, and check the properties this box stays unchecked?

    Any idea why?

    thanks for any help,
    PK

    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Jan 21, 2006