    Is there like a setup that I can change so that I can get connected this
    freakin router for a long time without disconnection?
    Please help me...this drives me crazy!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFl?=, Sep 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFl?=

    Malke Guest

    Jae wrote:

    > I am sharng internet with my roomate using this wireless router. I had
    > to put his name and the network key to connect. I get excellent
    > connetion for 5-10 minutes and then every single 5-10 minutes, it
    > disconnects. >.< So I can't surf internet or download files for more
    > than 5-10 minutes. Is there like a setup that I can change so that I
    > can get connected this freakin router for a long time without
    > disconnection? Please help me...this drives me crazy!

    First check the power management on the card. Go to Control
    Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. Expand the network devices
    category and find your wireless adapter. Double-click it to get its
    properties. If there is a power management tab click it. Uncheck the
    box that says "allow Windows to turn off this device when not in use".

    If that isn't applicable, open the wireless connection manager you are
    using (Windows or the adapter's software) and set it to only connect to
    preferred networks (language may be different, but the sense will be
    the same).

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers