Wireless connection disappeared ?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by youcanjive, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. youcanjive

    youcanjive Guest

    Hi all.

    I did an XP repair over the weekend as my system had started to run
    very sluggish.

    The repair has definitely fixed the sluggishness, but inexplicably when
    I go to My Network Places and then View Network Connections, my
    wireless connection icon has gone...I only have 2 icons in the LAN or
    High Speed Internet section now (1394 Connecton and Local Area
    Connection) whereas I used to have a third for wireless connections.

    I have looked for the wireless device in the device manager but it is
    not there.

    I've gone into the add hardware wizard and initiated a scan for any
    hardware that is there but not installed, but nothing is coming up.

    The wireless device is installed in my computer and I have always used
    it. It's a PRISM 802.11g Wireless Adapter I believe and I have a driver
    backup folder for it...but for some reason XP just isn't seeing it.

    Any help sincerely appreciated.

    Thank youl
    Luke
    youcanjive, Apr 10, 2006

  2. In news:,
    youcanjive <> typed:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I did an XP repair over the weekend as my system had started to run
    > very sluggish.
    >
    > The repair has definitely fixed the sluggishness, but inexplicably
    > when I go to My Network Places and then View Network Connections, my
    > wireless connection icon has gone...I only have 2 icons in the LAN or
    > High Speed Internet section now (1394 Connecton and Local Area
    > Connection) whereas I used to have a third for wireless connections.
    >
    > I have looked for the wireless device in the device manager but it is
    > not there.
    >
    > I've gone into the add hardware wizard and initiated a scan for any
    > hardware that is there but not installed, but nothing is coming up.
    >
    > The wireless device is installed in my computer and I have always used
    > it. It's a PRISM 802.11g Wireless Adapter I believe and I have a
    > driver backup folder for it...but for some reason XP just isn't
    > seeing it.
    >
    > Any help sincerely appreciated.
    >
    > Thank youl
    > Luke

    When you say 'repair', what exactly do you mean?
    What happens if you remove and re-insert the wireless adapter?
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Apr 11, 2006

  3. youcanjive

    Tox

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Wireless Internet Connection Gone

    I'm SO glad that I found someone else with the same problem! I have a Belkin G Desktop Wireless Network Card. After I rebooted my computer, my icon of of Wireless Internet Connection that is in Network Tasks is gone. Along with that, all my Internet Connections are gone. I reinstalled my wireless card, but nothing happned. This is driving me crazy so any help would be appericated.

    Tox
    Tox, Oct 22, 2006