    is connected. But IE can not browse any web page. I also have DSL and web
    browse works fine with DSL connection.

    Any tips are appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2c=?=, Jan 1, 2006

  2. do you mean that you can get on the web with with your dsl modem but not with
    the router? Sorry but I am not clear

    If I am right in my assumption then:

    1) Username and password for your isp must be correctly typed into the web
    browser configuration page for the router setup.- have you set up for
    connection to the internet via your isp or just a local network (lan)

    2) dsl modem and wireless router/dsl modem are seperate units and must not
    be connected at the same time to the phone -you must connect to the web
    useing one or the other but not both at the same time

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?=, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Hi.

    This may help. I have similar laptop and have same problem if I enable the
    security (wep / wpa etc) on my network which uses a Belkin router to access
    the web. If I leave it unsecure then i don't have a problem. I am trying to
    get the answer to why it won't work when security is enabled and will post
    the answer if i get it, perhaps you could do so too.

    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Jan 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Z2c=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    The first step is to ascertain that you have a functional Wireless
    connection.
    Unfortunately seeing a Good signal or seeing the name of your device in the
    Wireless Properties, or the word Connected, does not mean that you have a
    working connection.
    Working connection would mean that a least you can log to the Router's Menus
    system and browse them, or you can connect and exchange info with another
    computer on the Network, or you can browse the Internet. If none of the
    three is working it most likely you do not have a Functional Wireless
    Connection.
    Wireless - Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 2, 2006
  5. Hi Jack

    thanks for responses to this and my thread earlier. I suspect GG and me have
    same problem.

    If I use my belkin router and old laptop with belkin usb stick wireless
    antenna and security enabled then I can see my network machines and access
    email and web. No problem.
    If I use my new Inspiron 6000 which has Windows managing my wireless device
    then I cannot access web or email if security is enabled. I don't want to
    install Belkin software and USB antenna on new laptop as that seems to defeat
    the objective! It seems to me that there's a compatibility issue between the
    belkin router and the Windows management of wireless device on the Inspiron
    6000. No luck with contacting Dell I'm afraid.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Jan 2, 2006