Wireless: Connected and Strong Signal, But No Internet

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Bob and Shauna, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. When I connect to the internet via "local area connection" NVIDIA nForce
    Networking Controller, everything works fine, I connect and IE7 runs fine,
    as do all programs that need to connect to the internet.

    When I connect via "Wireless Network Connection" Realtek RTL8187 Wireless
    802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter, may status is "connected" and my
    signal strength is "Very Good", but I can not run IE7 nor anything that
    needs to connect to the internet. The wireless shows me as "connected" but
    it appears something is not working, nothing connects to the internet.

    This is new, previously I have been able to connect.

    Any suggestions?

    thanks for your help, Bob

    (As background, a couple of days ago I had installed Dragon Naturally
    Speaking, but after the installation, the temporary files that were to have
    been removed, after installation, could not be removed, it just hung there,
    so I ignored it and rebooted. I then started having Windows Installer issues
    in that I would have a pop-up looking for an installation area of something
    related to the Dragon. My wireless connections started about this time. I
    also had a few regular connection issues indicating limited or no
    connectivity but that was corrected. Anyway the Windows Installer issue was
    corrected.)

    Bob and Shauna, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html