    Regards,
    Evert

    NB. With VoIP I mean SIP protocol, not Skype...

    Evert, Dec 15, 2006

  2. Evert

    Debbie Croft Guest

    I've got one of these phones and I've been far from impressed. I still make
    regular use of my softphone. First problem is that the battery life is
    dreadful. You'll be lucky to get a day out of it (normal use) without a
    recharge. To make it usable you need to plug it in every time you get a
    chance.

    I also have connection problems all the time - even with my own wireless AP.
    Maybe this is a general problem with all WiFi phones, or just with the DPH -
    I've no experience with other models. I tried getting it to work with port
    forwarding on my router, but this didn't work. So, I use a STUN server. Now,
    many this is the weak link - who knows - but whatever the reason the utility
    of the kit is low. When the WiFi phone can't make a call, I just boot up the
    softphone and make the call - so it's never the VoIP provider - it's either
    the phone or the STUN server.

    In addition, I don't think I've every managed to make a call via a public
    WiFi AP - even though my laptop can connect with no problems.

    So, I'd pretty much look for another model, or wait until the technology
    improves in general.

    Debbie Croft, Jan 11, 2007