    are free?

    Thanks

    , Dec 24, 2003

  2. pcbutts1 Guest

    Your card will pick up all available channels. To keep others from using
    yours use WEP.

    pcbutts1, Dec 24, 2003

  3. M Mullen Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:38:33 +0000, wrote:

    |> Hi All!
    |>
    |> I just got myself a wireless kit for home use. As I live in central
    |> London it is likely that frequesncy channels may be used up in my
    |> area. Is there a program to sniff out what channels are busy and which
    |> are free?

    WiFi? if so there are hand held units to sniff them out.
    Walk around until the unit lights, sit down and connect.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Dec 24, 2003
  4. wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I just got myself a wireless kit for home use. As I live in central
    > London it is likely that frequesncy channels may be used up in my
    > area. Is there a program to sniff out what channels are busy and which
    > are free?
    >
    > Thanks

    Many cards come with a little "Site survey" function in the software,
    showing the channels that are being blasted and those that have some
    peace of mind. They're not terribly accurate, but will give you some
    idea of which channels may be a little more free of noise. But since
    yours is for home use, just try a channel and see if it works. If not,
    change channels.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 25, 2003
  5. nemo2 Guest

    This maybe a bit late:

    http://www.netstumbler.com/

    Also try posting the same question to: