    wireless card) works that interferes with the mouse? Not a huge deal
    but I'd love to solve this problem.
    WC
    WCH, Oct 7, 2005

  2. WCH

    Trax Guest

    WCH <> wrote:

    |>I'm using a 3com wireless card in a Sony Vaio running XP Pro. Whenever
    |>I have the wireless card active the mouse constantly freezes for a
    |>second, then moves, then freezes, then moves, etc. If I deactivate the
    |>wireless card there is no interference with smooth mouse movement. What
    |>is going on here? What is is about how a wireless card (or maybe THIS
    |>wireless card) works that interferes with the mouse? Not a huge deal
    |>but I'd love to solve this problem.

    Try this:
    Start - Run MSINFO32 <enter>

    Look at the hardware resources and see if they share an IRQ, if so you
    might need to change one to another IRQ.

    --
    Music too loud?
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16831424-421,00.html
    Trax, Oct 7, 2005

  3. WCH

    docmill Guest

    WCH <> wrote in news:eK-
    :

    > I'm using a 3com wireless card in a Sony Vaio running XP Pro. Whenever
    > I have the wireless card active the mouse constantly freezes for a
    > second, then moves, then freezes, then moves, etc. If I deactivate the
    > wireless card there is no interference with smooth mouse movement. What
    > is going on here? What is is about how a wireless card (or maybe THIS
    > wireless card) works that interferes with the mouse? Not a huge deal
    > but I'd love to solve this problem.
    > WC

    When did you add the card? What card is it? What driver is the card using?
    Is it a usb mouse? Anything else that you'd love to solve this problem,
    can contribute?

    --
    **************SEND ME A LINK******************
    Docmill's "Home Of Hotlinks In the FryingSpam"
    docmill, Oct 7, 2005
  4. WCH

    WCH Guest

    docmill wrote:
    > WCH <> wrote in news:eK-
    > :
    >

    >>I'm using a 3com wireless card in a Sony Vaio running XP Pro. Whenever
    >>I have the wireless card active the mouse constantly freezes for a
    >>second, then moves, then freezes, then moves, etc. If I deactivate the
    >>wireless card there is no interference with smooth mouse movement. What
    >>is going on here? What is is about how a wireless card (or maybe THIS
    >>wireless card) works that interferes with the mouse? Not a huge deal
    >>but I'd love to solve this problem.
    >>WC
    >>

    > When did you add the card? What card is it? What driver is the card using?
    > Is it a usb mouse? Anything else that you'd love to solve this problem,
    > can contribute?

    The card is a 3com Product #: 3CRPAG175. It's description is 3Com®
    11a/b/g Wireless PC Card with XJACK® Antenna. The mouse in question is
    the built-in eraser head-looking pointer that comes on my Sony
    (Picturebook, not Vaio, actually). I don't know what driver the card is
    using other than it's whatever installed when I added the card. I've
    had the card at least six months, by the way, and it's always generated
    the mouse skipping.
    WCH, Oct 7, 2005
  5. WCH

    docmill Guest

    WCH <> wrote in

    > docmill wrote:
    >> WCH <> wrote in news:eK-
    >> :
    >>

    >>>I'm using a 3com wireless card in a Sony Vaio running XP Pro.
    >>>Whenever I have the wireless card active the mouse constantly freezes
    >>>for a second, then moves, then freezes, then moves, etc. If I
    >>>deactivate the wireless card there is no interference with smooth
    >>>mouse movement. What is going on here? What is is about how a
    >>>wireless card (or maybe THIS wireless card) works that interferes
    >>>with the mouse? Not a huge deal but I'd love to solve this problem.
    >>>WC
    >>>

    >> When did you add the card? What card is it? What driver is the card
    >> using? Is it a usb mouse? Anything else that you'd love to solve
    >> this problem, can contribute?
    >>

    > The card is a 3com Product #: 3CRPAG175. It's description is 3Com®
    > 11a/b/g Wireless PC Card with XJACK® Antenna. The mouse in question
    > is the built-in eraser head-looking pointer that comes on my Sony
    > (Picturebook, not Vaio, actually). I don't know what driver the card
    > is using other than it's whatever installed when I added the card.
    > I've had the card at least six months, by the way, and it's always
    > generated the mouse skipping.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M20E16FEB
    The only drivers is see for that card are 2 years old. Is there a ? in the
    device manager page by either of the two? You should see if there is a
    conflict when you look. I would remove the card from device manager and
    then point the driver to the newest one you can find after the hardware
    wizard comes back. That may mean downloading a new one fron 3-com. If the
    hardware wizard doesn't show up, pull the card, reboot and the put it back
    in while shut down.

    docmill, Oct 7, 2005