    peyoting Guest

    Anyone know any list with cards and its sensibility, coverage, ... i found
    chipsets list only.
    peyoting, Jul 21, 2006

  2. peyoting

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The Radios and chipsets of Entry Level Wireless devices are manufactured only by few OEMs. The Brand's manufacturers take the OEM parts, put it in variety of Plastic cases, and make some changes to the OEM drivers and the utility software.

    As a result the difference between cards that are based on the same chipset is none or very minimal.

    Differences in performance are a long the line of the standard use (I.e. 802.11b vs. 802 .11g etc.), few manufacturers offer High power cards that might perform a little better. Some cards can be fitted with external Direction Antenna and perform much better then with the standard Antenna.

    Since you did not indicated, the type of card that you interested in (PCI, USB, or PCMCIA) it is hard to give a more precise recommendation.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 21, 2006

  3. peyoting

    peyoting Guest

    pci or pcmcia.
    But i known that not all card have the same sensibility (signal dB for accept the signal). People talks very good of buffalo products,

    I only know that i 've very bad experiences with dlink dwl 520+ rev a3, and i don't buy another bad product.

    peyoting, Jul 24, 2006
  4. peyoting

    Guest

    On 24-Jul-2006, "peyoting" <> wrote:

    > I only know that i 've very bad experiences with dlink

    D-Link rarely do well in the reviews, including some scathing comments
    in the American PC mags. My own experience with D-Link is not
    a good one and I wouldn't touch D-Link products again, pain in
    the butt.
    I'm sure D-Link try their best, but the keep swapping suppliers,
    so you have Rev A, Rev B, C, D etc of the product, the supplied
    drivers CD often doesn't match the Revision, they muck about with
    the drivers and roll their own, and their tech. support is disfunctional.
    , Jul 24, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message

    > On 24-Jul-2006, "peyoting" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I only know that i 've very bad experiences with dlink

    > D-Link rarely do well in the reviews, including some scathing comments

    Sorry, havent seen that before. I have actually seen the opposite and I use
    a G604T which has been great.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 24, 2006