    Many thanks

    --
    Shehbaz Afzal, MCP Windows XP
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlaGJheiBBZnphbA==?=, Jul 12, 2007

  2. I would try to upgrade the firmware for the router and drive for the wireless adapter. Or these links may help,

    Solved: Limited connectivity with ...Limited connectivity message, and won't connect to the network or the ... Networking, VPN, TS and Remote Access, Windows, Wireless, Security, Cisco ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=246

    Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity"This connection has limited or no connectivity. " ... check this page, Sent packets only on a wireless computer and Limited or no connection ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/noconnectivity.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Shehbaz Afzal" <> wrote in message news:...
    My wireless Belkin USB Adapter used to work just fine. But then one day,
    after a reboot it had '...limited connectivity'. So i right clicked the
    wireless icon and hit Repair. It was fine after renewing the IP. But this
    happens every time now after a reboot/cold boot it needs a Repair. I have
    tried using updated drivers from Belkin but they don’t recognise the devise
    at all.

    Running Server 2003 SP2

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks

    --
    Shehbaz Afzal, MCP Windows XP
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Jul 12, 2007

  3. Shehbaz Afzal <> wrote:

    > My wireless Belkin USB Adapter used to work just fine. But then one day,
    > after a reboot it had '...limited connectivity'. So i right clicked the
    > wireless icon and hit Repair. It was fine after renewing the IP. But this
    > happens every time now after a reboot/cold boot it needs a Repair. I have
    > tried using updated drivers from Belkin but they don't recognise the devise
    > at all.
    >
    > Running Server 2003 SP2
    >
    > Any ideas?

    My experience with USB wireless adapters on Windows computers is that
    they do not work correctly when left in during a (re-)boot. The USB
    adapter only works correctly when it is plugged in (again) after the
    boot process is completed.

    I don't know why, maybe it's a usb-thing.
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Jul 13, 2007
  4. I did check for the firmware updates but there were none and the newer
    drivers for the USB adapter do not recognise the adapter.

    It used to work fine not so long ago; maybe an update has messed up the
    harmony. It’s even intermittent now. Most irritating, I’m reluctant to
    rebuild the server.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlaGJheiBBZnphbA==?=, Jul 13, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlaGJheiBBZnphbA==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    >I did check for the firmware updates but there were none and the newer
    > drivers for the USB adapter do not recognise the adapter.
    >
    > It used to work fine not so long ago; maybe an update has messed up the
    > harmony. It's even intermittent now. Most irritating, I'm reluctant to
    > rebuild the server.

    Do you mean the SP2 update?
    Have you tried to remove the wireless adapter (from dev. manager, or using vendor's utility) and reinstall it ?

    Regards,
    --PA
    Pavel A., Jul 14, 2007
  6. Yes the Server 2003 SP2, but it was intermittent before that update, i'm
    thinking it was probably an other update that has affected it.

    I prefer not to use the vendor's utilities and stick with the Windows ones.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlaGJheiBBZnphbA==?=, Jul 14, 2007