    happens. Cannot connect to the internet with either. Both computers connect
    individually withoput the router, but would like to have them both connected.
    What am I doing wrong ????
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQgUmFnbmFsZA==?=, Nov 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQgUmFnbmFsZA==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Sorry you haven't given us enough information. You might want to run
    ipconfig in a dos window, and compare the results when connected both ways.
    Or tell us more about what you have done. There is more to it than simply
    plugging in the router, the router must be configured to your ISP.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "Confused Ragnald" <Confused > wrote in
    message news:...
    David Hettel, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Confused Ragnald <Confused > wrote:

    > Trying to connect two computers at home using a Linksys Broadband Router. I
    > connect the incoming eathernet cable to the internet plug in and use an
    > eathernet cable from plug in slot in Router to each computer. Nothing
    > happens. Cannot connect to the internet with either. Both computers connect
    > individually withoput the router, but would like to have them both connected.
    > What am I doing wrong ????

    Check the cables, Woody
    Axel Hammerschmidt, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Hi
    You need to configure the Router's WAN (Internet side) to be able to
    authenticate (ID & PW), and log on
    EarthLink and both computer can connect? You probably have DSL.
    Read this page, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
    If you have Internet Cable service, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 14, 2006